09-05-2008
      Địa chỉ
      LAM DONG
      Bài viết
      Cảm ơn
      Được cảm ơn 124 lần, trong 58 bài

Mặc định English short stories

From dust we came and to dust we return

A doctor entered the hospital in hurry after being called in for an urgent surgery. He answered the call ASAP, changed his clothes and went directly to the surgery block.

He found the boy’s father going and coming in the hall waiting for the doctor. Once seeing him, the dad yelled:

Why did you take all this time to come? Don’t you know that my son’s life is in danger? Don’t you have the sense of responsibility?

The doctor smiled and said:
      I am sorry, I wasn’t in the hospital and I came the fastest I could after receiving the call…… And now, I wish you’d calm down so that I can do my work

Calm down?! What if your son was in this room right now, would you calm down? If your own son dies now what will you do?” said the father angrily.

The doctor smiled again and replied: “I will say what Job said in the Holy Bible “From dust we came and to dust we return, blessed be the name of God”. Doctors cannot prolong lives. Go and intercede for your son, we will do our best by God’s grace

Giving advice when we’re not concerned is so easy” Murmured the father.

The surgery took some hours after which the doctor went out happy, “Thank God! Your son is saved!

And without waiting for the father’s reply he carried on his way running. “If you have any question, ask the nurse!!

Why is he so arrogant? He couldn’t wait some minutes so that I ask about my son’s state” Commented the father when seeing the nurse minutes after the doctor left.

The nurse answered, tears coming down her face: “His son died yesterday in a road accident, he was in the burial when we called him for your son’s surgery. And now that he saved your son’s life, he left running to finish his son’s burial.

NEVER JUDGE ANYONE because you never know how their life is and as to what is happening or what they’re going through.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Xem bài viết cùng chuyên mục:

Nếu bạn không thể là mặt trời thì hãy đừng là đám mây !!!
      Oneday, you asked me, what is more important: you or my life. I said my life. You walked away & never know that you are my life...

2. Những thành viên đã cảm ơn spk53 vì bài viết hữu ích:

Tham gia
      21-06-2009
      Bài viết
      Cảm ơn
      Được cảm ơn 262 lần, trong 124 bài

Mặc định Ðề: English short stories

where is the sources of these stories ? I think we should read one everyday. It is like the "Gift of Life" program on TV. I like it very much.

"Listen to the small stories for ly heart. Time keeps going but is forever"

Tham gia
      09-05-2008
      Địa chỉ
      LAM DONG
      Bài viết
      Cảm ơn

Mặc định English short stories

Hi aladanh2000. Take your key words and go to google, they have many sites that you can read this story. Thank for taking time to read this topic and express your feelings. I'm very glad you enjoy itand welcome to share your story, your experience here. That way to relax and learn english.

Enjoy your week.
      Oneday, you asked me, what is more important: you or my life. I said my life. You walked away & never know that you are my life...

Tham gia
      09-05-2008
      Địa chỉ
      LAM DONG
      Bài viết
      Cảm ơn

Mặc định The story of a blind girl

There was a blind girl who hated herself just because she was blind. She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her. She said that if she could only see the world, she would marry her boyfriend.

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her and then she could see everything, including her boyfriend. Her boyfriend asked her, “now that you can see the world, will you marry me?

The girl was shocked when she saw that her boyfriend was blind too, and refused to marry him. Her boyfriend walked away in tears, and later wrote a letter to her saying:

Just take care of my eyes dear.”

This is how human brain changes when the status changed. Only few remember what life was before, and who’s always been there even in the most painful situations.

Life Is A Gift

Today before you think of saying an unkind word– think of someone who can’t speak.

Before you complain about the taste of your food– think of someone who has nothing to eat.

Before you complain about your husband or wife– think of someone who is crying out to God for a companion.

Today before you complain about life– think of someone who went too early to heaven.

Before you complain about your children– think of someone who desires children but they’re barren.

Before you argue about your dirty house, someone didn’t clean or sweep–think of the people who are living in the streets.

Before whining about the distance you drive–think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.

And when you are tired and complain about your job–think of the unemployed, the disabled and those who wished they had your job.

But before you think of pointing the finger or condemning another–remember that not one of us are without sin and we all answer to one maker.

And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down–put a smile on your face and thank God you’re alive and still around.

Life is a gift – Live it, Enjoy it, Celebrate it, and Fulfill it.

Tham gia
      09-05-2008
      Địa chỉ
      LAM DONG
      Bài viết
      Cảm ơn

Mặc định Be a lake

The Master instructed the unhappy student to put a handful of salt in a glass of water and then to drink it.
      'How does it taste?' the Master asked.
      'Awful,' said the student.
      The Master then asked the student to take another handful of salt and throw it in the lake. The two walked to the nearby lake and when the student swirled his handful of salt into the lake, the old man said, 'Now drink from the lake.
      'The student did so and the Master asked, 'How does it taste?
      ''Good!' remarked the student.'Do you taste the salt?' asked the Master.
      No, said the young man.
      The Master sat beside this troubled young man, took his hands, and said, 'The pain of life is pure salt; no more, no less. The amount of pain in life remains the same, exactly the same. But the amount we taste the 'pain' depends on the container we put it into. So when you are in pain, the only thing you can do is to enlarge your sense of things..... Stop being a glass. Become a lake!'

Tham gia
      09-05-2008
      Địa chỉ
      LAM DONG
      Bài viết
      Cảm ơn

Mặc định The Mayo Jar and the Coffee

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar…and the coffee…

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was. The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous “yes.”

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

“Now,” said the professor, as the laughter subsided, “I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life.

The golf balls are the important things–God, family, your children, your health, your friends, and your favorite passions-things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, and your car. The sand is everything else-the small stuff.”

“If you put the sand into the jar first,” he continued, “there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal.”

“Take care of the golf balls first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee
      represented. The professor smiled. “I’m glad you asked. It just goes
      to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there’s always
      room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend.”

Tham gia
      16-07-2011
      Bài viết
      Cảm ơn
      Được cảm ơn 35 lần, trong 22 bài

A company recruited new employees, when the candidate entered the room, then the director said:

- Firstly, my room was very clean, people had to wipe shoes on the door mat. Did you wipe your shoes?

- Yes! I did - the candidate replied.

- And second - the director said, I only hire people who are honest to work at the company, I do not have room door mat to wipe your shoes.
      +++---o0o---+++
      My brother is a lecturer in one University of Hanoi, he taught electrical engineering industry. One year, in his department have a student ... almost three years had not passed graduating exam. Scientific meeting and agreed: If he could not pass the exam, he and his family would very sad, that cost them a lot expenses and time for his studying. They agreed to let him pass graduation exam.

After graduating 2 years or so, they got the information that the student died of…… electric shock. That is very sad news to hear to all of department. My brother still tells this story to students over and over.
      There are so many situations that lead to bad or unpredictable consequences from the lack of honesty, not intergrity, poor transparency. Through 2 small stories we someway recognize the great value underlying the simple action.

9. Những thành viên đã cảm ơn taunvu vì bài viết hữu ích:

Tham gia
      09-05-2008
      Địa chỉ
      LAM DONG
      Bài viết
      Cảm ơn

Thanks Taunvu. This makes me remember the quote by Chanakya:

"Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions -

Why am I doing it,
      What the results might be and
      Will I be successful. Only when you think deeply

and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead."

Tham gia
      09-05-2008
      Địa chỉ
      LAM DONG
      Bài viết
      Cảm ơn

Mặc định What Really Matters

Carl was driving to work one morning when he bumped fenders with another motorist.

Both cars stopped, and the woman driving the other car got out to survey the damage.

She was distraught. It was her fault, she admitted, and hers was a new car—less than two days from the showroom. She dreaded facing her husband.

Carl was sympathetic, but he had to pursue the exchange of license and registration data.

She reached into her g compartment to retrieve the documents in an envelope.

On the first paper to tumble out, written in her husband's distinctive hand, were these words:

"In case of accident, remember, Honey, it's you I , not the car."—Adapted from Paul Harvey

Tham gia
      14-05-2012
      Bài viết
      Cảm ơn
      Được cảm ơn 2 lần, trong 2 bài

Apple tree
      A long time ago, there was a huge apple tree. A little boy d to come and play around it everyday. He climbed to the treetop, ate the apples, took a nap under the shadow… He d the tree and the tree d to play with him. Time went by…the little boy had grown up, and he no longer played around the tree every day. One day, the boy came back to the tree and he looked sad.

“Come and play with me,” the tree asked the boy.

“I am no longer a kid, I do not play around trees any more” -The boy replied.

“I want toys. I need money to buy them.”

“Sorry, but I do not have money… But you can pick all my apples and sell them. So, you will have money".

The boy was so excited. He grabbed all the apples on the tree and left happily. The boy never came back after he picked the apples. The tree was sad.

One day, the boy who now turned into a man returned And the tree was excited “Come and play with me” the tree said.

“I do not have time to play. I have to work for my family. We need a house for shelter. Can you help me? "

“ Sorry”, “I do not have any house. But you can chop off my branches
      To build your house.”

So the man cut all the branches of the tree and left happily.The tree was glad to see him happy but the man never came back since then. The tree was again lonely and sad.

One hot summer day, The man returned and the tree was delighted.

“Come and play with me!” the tree said.

“I am getting old. I want to go sailing to relax myself. Can you give me a boat?” - Said the man.

“Use my trunk to build your boat. You can sail far away and be happy”

So the man cut the tree trunk to make a boat. He went sailing and never showed up for a long time.

Finally, the man returned after many years.

“Sorry, my boy. But I do not have anything for you anymore. No more apples for you…” - The tree said

“No problem, I do not have any teeth to bite” - The man replied.

“No more trunk for you to climb on”

“I am too old for that now” the man said.

“I really cannot give you anything… The only thing left is my dying root,” - the tree said with tears.

“I do not need much now, just a place to rest. I am tired after all these years” - the man replied.

“Good! Old tree roots are the best place to lean on and rest, come, come sit down with me and rest”

The man sat down and the tree was glad and smiled with tears…

This is you and the tree is your parents!!!

Please enlighten all your friends and your families

By telling them this story,

“Love your Parents ”
      Sửa lần cuối bởi spk53; 14-05-2012 lúc 20:45.

Trang 1 của 2 12 CuốiCuối

Trả lời với tài khoản Facebook

Các Chủ đề tương tự

1. Trợ giúp ebook hướng dẫn thiết kế bằng English
      Bởi toong trong diễn đàn NGOẠI NGỮ CHO DÂN ĐIỆN
      Trả lời: 0
      Bài cuối: 26-09-2013, 21:12
    2. English ToolTip Pro Học từ vựng thật dễ dàng
      Bởi tanglongnguyen trong diễn đàn NGOẠI NGỮ CHO DÂN ĐIỆN
      Trả lời: 0
      Bài cuối: 13-04-2013, 20:37
    3. Crazy English